_________________________________________________________________

Home     Review Policy      Hot New Titles      Contact Me

_________________________________________________________________

Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Van Alen Legacy by Melissa de la Cruz

Title: The Van Alen Legacy
Author: Melissa de la Cruz
ISBN: 9781423102267
Publisher: Hyperion Books / Disney

Summary:
"With the stunning revelation surrounding Bliss's true identity comes the growing threat of the sinister Silver Bloods. Once left to live in the glamorous life in New York City, the Blue Bloods now find themselves in an epic battle for survival. Not to worry; love is still in the air for the young vampires of the Upper East Side. Or is it? Schuyler has made her choice. She has forsaken Jack for Oliver, choosing human over vampire. But old loves die hard... And even coldhearted Mimi seems to suffer from the ties that bind."

____________________________________________
Review:

I have loved this series since I opened the first book - the covers are amazing and the story is even better. But I do have to admit that I had to go read an online "spoiler" from Revelation to remember where the last story left off. I guess that's what happens when you read too many ya vampire stories - they all seem to run together at some point.

But once I got back into this story, I immediately remembered how much I loved the author. The writing is so clear and you get sucked in before you know what happened to you. I did have one little complaint about the whole "bonding ceremony" thing.... there was just SO much made of the ceremony... it was almost too much for my liking. But I do understand why it was so important to the story - and, of course, important in that world. I just felt like it was stretched out a bit long.

Otherwise I have absolutely no complaints about this book. I do hope for an ending to the story - just because I want to know what happens to the characters. This book made me fall even more for the people in the book - just because they seemed to have a bit more depth. And that really goes for everyone. Not just the main few characters that are followed.

If you love vampire stories, there is absolutely no reason you haven't picked up these books yet. They're well written, interesting, and well thought out. I'd recommend them to literally anyone (over the age of 12, of course)!

Visit the author's website!
____________________________________________
Other Blog Reviews:

Blog Critics
That Chick That Reads
Juiciliciousss Reviews
Fantastic Book Review

No comments:

Search This Blog