_________________________________________________________________

Home     Review Policy      Hot New Titles      Contact Me

_________________________________________________________________

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Jet Set by Carrie Karasyov and Jill Kargman

Title: Jet Set
Author: Carrie Karasyov and Jill Kargman
ISBN: 9780061431777
Publisher: HarperTeen


Summary:

"I'm Lucy Peterson, and let me tell you - I don't fit in at my new boarding school in Switzerland at all. Caviar at every meal, white-tie affairs (because black-tie is so last season), trips to Geneva to pick up the latest couture, and real live royals lurking around every corner? None of that is really my speed. I'm just your average American teen, here on scholarship, ready to kick some academic and tennis butt so I can have my pick of Ivy League colleges.

Only now I'm falling all over myself to impress my crush, who just happens to be a prince. I've gotten myself tangled up in a tabloid disaster - literally - and the "it" clique on campus has decided that I'm worthy of their evil scorn. What have I gotten myself into?"
________________________________________
Review:

This book was the perfect break from all of the fantasy and heavy stuff I've been reading lately. It's a great chick lit book that is very cinderella/fairy tale like. It's kinda fun to put yourself in the main character's shoes to just imagine what life would be like in a place like that. It was such a fun story and I fully plan on handing it to anyone looking for chick lit. Light, good-natured, funny at times, and overall enjoyable. Definitely grab this one :).

After looking at some other reviews online, apparently I was the only one who really liked this book. I mean, yes... it's very shallow and not-so-intense... but I really liked it. It was fun in a very unassuming, easy way. But alas, here are those other reviews...

Here, here, and here.

No comments:

Search This Blog