_________________________________________________________________

Home     Review Policy      Hot New Titles      Contact Me

_________________________________________________________________

Friday, January 1, 2010

Review Policy

I've been at this book blogging thing since 2009. This is totally for the purposes of people looking at my reviews wondering who I am, what I read, all that wonderful stuff.

First and foremost, I am a Young Adult Collection Development Librarian. Because of that, I really only read books that are written for teens - it helps me in my job... but it's also my not-so-secret guilty pleasure. I read literally every genre in that area. I haven't gotten into nonfiction much, but I'm not against it. I just can't promise that a review would be all that informed if I did. But I'm willing!

I do only read things that are bound - I'm really not a fan of ebooks. I do use NetGalley and Edelweiss in a pinch. Sometimes they just have titles I can't get anywhere else. But I'd rather that not be the format I get if you have a request.

Speaking of requests, I do not review self-published material. I know some of it can be awesome, but I just don't have the time to devote to that as well. Not to mention, I can't even use that for work because of the way we do purchasing. So I'm just nixing that altogether.

All of the books I've read and reviewed up until now are things that I have checked out from the library where I work (I like to keep it current and awesome for my teens!). I have reviewed some from ARCs - we get those sometimes at work. Usually it's pretty close to (or after) publication, but I still love getting them.


All that being said, I would adore getting some things to give away to my teens. Any sort of swag will do... and I'd love to give them books as well (I'm happy to review them first, of course).

Speaking of my reviews... here are a few things you might want to keep in mind:
* Reviews at The Ninja Librarian are all my creation. I mean, really, who writes as badly as I do anyway?! Whatever. They're all from my head, they're all from my fingers, they're all from me.
* Not all reviews are happy! I always try to find someone who would like a book, but sometimes there are some duds. I'm sorry to say. So, that's just fyi.
* I can't guarantee that I'll be able to review every book I receive. This is true in general of everything I am able to read. I really try! I do! But again, no promises.
* These reviews are in no way representative of where I work. My views are my views and I have no idea if my library supports them - so I don't speak for them.

Well, that's all for now. I'm sure I will update this again before long, but I wanted to make sure something was here.

Thanks!!

No comments:

Search This Blog