_________________________________________________________________

Home     Review Policy      Hot New Titles      Contact Me

_________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (100!)

Waiting on Wednesday" is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. Here's what I'm waiting on this week...

A Confusion of Princes
by Garth Nix
To be released: May 15, 2012

Summary from Barnes and Noble:
"You'd think being a Prince in a vast intergalactic empire would be about as good as it gets. Particularly when Princes are faster, smarter, and stronger than normal humans. Not to mention being mostly immortal.
But it isn't as great as it sounds. Princes need to be hard to kill—as Khemri learns the minute he becomes one—for they are always in danger. Their greatest threat? Other Princes. Every Prince wants to become Emperor, and the surest way to do so is to kill, dishonor, or sideline any potential competitor. There are rules, but as Khemri discovers, rules can be bent and even broken.
Soon Khemri is drawn into the hidden workings of the Empire and dispatched on a secret mission. In the ruins of space battle he meets a young woman called Raine, who challenges his view of the Empire, of Princes, and of himself.
But Khemri is a Prince, and even if he wanted to leave the Empire behind, there are forces that have very definite plans for his future. . . ."


I haven't read any Garth Nix books before, but this one sounds like a lot of fun. I know his books are a hit with many readers, so I'm excited to see how this book turns out. I'll definitely be checking it out when my library gets it!

What are you waiting on this week?

3 comments:

Patricia said...

I'd like to read this one, too. :)

Patricia // My WOW

Michelle Santiago said...

yay for your 100th WoW!!

i've never read a garth nix book. methinks i'm missing out. sounds like a great read.

my WoW.

-michelle

Pocketful of Books said...

This one has been on my radar for a while- I really like the look of it! Good choice :-)

New follower :-)

My WoW: http://www.pocketfulofbooks.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday_18.html

Search This Blog