_________________________________________________________________

Home     Review Policy      Hot New Titles      Contact Me

_________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (114)

"Waiting on Wednesday" is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. Here's are two wonderful books I'm waiting on this week...

False Memory
by Dan Krokos
To be released: August 14, 2012

Summary from Barnes and Noble:
"Miranda wakes up alone on a park bench with no memory. In her panic, she releases a mysterious energy that incites pure terror in everyone around her. Except Peter, a boy who isn’t at all surprised by Miranda’s shocking ability.
Left with no choice but to trust this stranger, Miranda discovers she was trained to be a weapon and is part of an elite force of genetically-altered teens who possess flawless combat skills and powers strong enough to destroy a city. But adjusting to her old life isn’t easy—especially with Noah, the boyfriend she can't remember loving.

Then Miranda uncovers a dark truth that sets her team on the run. Suddenly her past doesn’t seem to matter...when there may not be a future.

Dan Krokos' debut is a tour-de-force of non-stop action that will leave readers begging for the next book in this bold and powerful new series.

Doesn't this book sound wonderful?! I believe I have it waiting for me on NetGalley, but I'm still excited. It sounds like a great adventure!
______________________________________________

The Unnaturalists
by Tiffany Trent
To be released: August 14, 2012

Summary from Barnes and Noble:
"In an alternate London where magical creatures are preserved in a museum, two teens find themselves caught in a web of intrigue, deception, and danger.



Vespa Nyx wants nothing more than to spend the rest of her life cataloging Unnatural creatures in her father’s museum, but as she gets older, the requirement to become a lady and find a husband is looming large. Syrus Reed’s Tinker family has always served and revered the Unnaturals from afar, but when his family is captured to be refinery slaves, he finds that his fate may be bound up with Vespa’s—and with the Unnaturals.

As the danger grows, Vespa and Syrus find themselves in a tightening web of deception and intrigue. At stake may be the fate of New London—and the world."

I'm sort of a sucker for steampunk covers these days. And this one is awesome. I'm definitely excited to see where this book takes me!

What are you waiting on this week? 

4 comments:

Randi M said...

The Unnaturalists has been on my can't-wait list for months! Yay, it's almost here. :) Great picks! I'm looking forward to both of these.

Here's my WoW

Unknown said...

I have False Memory and I can't wait to read it! The cover is really cool and it sounds pretty awesome :) Great pick this week :) Check out my WOW:

Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

ellepaulette said...

These books do sound interesting!
Thanks for sharing,
Dani
Please check out my WOW - http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2248

Amanda B. said...

I love the cover for False Memory. Thanks for sharing!

Check out my post.

Search This Blog