_________________________________________________________________

Home     Review Policy      Hot New Titles      Contact Me

_________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Watchmen by Alan Moore


Title: Watchmen
Author: Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons
ISBN: 0930289234
Publisher: DC Comics

Summary:
"This Hugo Award-winning graphic novel chronicles the fall from grace of a group of super-heroes plagued by all-too-human failings. Along the way, the concept of the super-hero is dissected as the heroes are stalked by an unknown assassin."
________________________________________

Review:
I read this because of the movie coming out soon. It was a lot more intense than I expected to be. I tend to enjoy more action and intrigue in my graphics. More explosions and stuff :). But it was very interesting and I'm glad I picked it up.

It was also a bit confusing. I really don't know that I mean confusing in the normal sense - more like, overwhelming... There was just so much going on - time shifts, memories, stories within stories... it just was more than I was hoping for. There's no simple summary of this book (which is probably why there were so few summaries for me to pull from for my "summary" section up there).

I'm very curious as to how this is going to translate to the big screen. Unfortunately, my hopes aren't too high. The story doesn't really lend itself to a movie format. This is, of course, my opinion only. I hope it is wonderful and wins many awards :). We'll just have to see!

There are a few other online reviews of the book itself: Here, here, and here.

No comments:

Search This Blog