_________________________________________________________________

Home     Review Policy      Hot New Titles      Contact Me

_________________________________________________________________

Friday, July 30, 2010

Save the Date by Tamara Summers

Title: Save the Date
Author: Tamara Summers
ISBN: 9780061366321
Publisher: HarperTeen
Page #: 314
Source: From My Library

Summary:
"Victoria Finnegan to marry Kevin Ork in the Rose Bower of Cynthia Flair Botanical Gardens Sunday, June 17, 3 p.m.
Dress: very flowery.
Yay.

Paris Finnegan is marrying Jiro Kuan on the beach at Huntsville National Park Saturday, August 11, 1 p.m.
Dress: Um . . . she's not really making me wear overalls, right???

Hideous bridesmaid dress fitting #6
Calm Victoria down
Try not to kill Paris
Try not to think about wedding planner's hot son
Do not date wedding planner's hot son
Stop kissing wedding planner's hot son!!!"
______________________________________________
First Lines:

"I'm never having a wedding.
When I meet my dream boy - who will not be (a) boring, (b) obnoxiously fit, (c) an enormous roll-playing dork, or (d) a Taiwanese model I barely know, like certain other people's husbands I could mention - my plan is to skip the whole inevitable wedding catastrophe."
Page 1
______________________________________________
Review:

It probably wasn't very smart for me to read this book right now. It's all about a girl who is suffering through being a bridesmaid for the billionth time because she has lots of older sisters. It's a really cute story and the main characters are a lot of fun. And I loved the book, but I'm trying to set aside my own bridal stuff to review it.

Ahem. I thought it was kinda funny that her older sisters were serious bridezillas, but that word was never used. I was just waiting for it. But alas! It's quite the trip through receptions, showers, ceremonies and all the drama that ensues. I love that she is believes she is cursed because of the dates she brings to the weddings. It's just really clever and gave the story a bit more meat that just a cutesy little book. Well, kinda.

This book was a 24 hour read for me. It was very fast, but a great getaway from all the serious stuff I've been reading lately. It was even fast when I was stopping every once in a while contemplating wedding specifics. I honestly couldn't help it - I've had my own wedding details running in my head lately, so it only makes sense.

I would definitely recommend this to someone looking for a good, light teen romance. It absolutely fits the bill and is a lot of fun along the way. I've read other things by this author and have always enjoyed the books. And after "running around" online, I'm reminded that this is a pseudonym. Well here's the website for the author :). ______________________________________________
Other Blog Reviews:

GreenBeanTeenQueen
HPL Teen Space
Okay, so I only found these two reviews. But it could be because when I typed in "Save the Date" and such, I got a lot of wedding stuff. Now I'm staring at Save the Date Magnets. Darn reviewing. :)

2 comments:

Lily Michelon Rosenthal said...

I'm posting this here because I don't know where else to put it :)

I noticed you already have a Versatile Blogger Award, but too late -- I also awarded you one on my blog.

You can see it here: http://afterthefallyalit.blogspot.com/2010/08/versatile-blogger-awards.html

Lily

Alison Can Read said...

Hey there. I just awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award. I guess I'm not the only one...we're all swimming in awards :-)
Alison Can Read Awards

Search This Blog