_________________________________________________________________

Home     Review Policy      Hot New Titles      Contact Me

_________________________________________________________________

Friday, July 8, 2011

My Life Undecided by Jessica Brody

Title: My Life Undecided
Author: Jessica Brody

ISBN: 9780374399054

Publisher: Farrar Straus Giroux

Page #: 296

Source: ARC from the publisher


Summary:
"Having never once made a good decision for herself, fifteen-year-old Brooklyn Pierce starts a blog and asks her readers to take over her life. But she's about to learn that who you fall in love with isn't a choice. Jessica Brody once again delivers an utterly original, fast-paced comedy with a message teens will appreciate: it's okay to make mistakes."
___________________________________________
First Lines:

"The sirens are louder than I anticipated.
Not that I ever in a million years anticipated sirens at the beginning of all this. Otherwise, obviously, I never would have agreed to it.

Hindsight.

It's a bitch."
Page 3
___________________________________________
Review:

Well, for starters... that's not the cover that's on my book. Apparently they changed it for the final draft. Though, I was seriously warned on my arc... what with the massive sticker over the cover and all :).

This is the story of a girl who continuously makes bad decisions in her life. Because of this, she decides to start a blog where the people out in the world make all of her decisions for her. All of them. She starts with simple stuff like whether she is going to try out for rugby or the debate team. Then it upgrades to her decisions about boys.

It's such a cute idea - and honestly I thought about starting some sort of poll via the blog. I think I saw someone's blog that cited this book on polling. Can you imagine not making any of your own decisions in your life? I think I'm too much of a control freak to let someone else decide things for me.

There were several parts where I seriously laughed out loud. It's not often that a book can pull me in so fully, but the author has a wonderful sense of timing and humor. Hats off to her! I've decided I should probably find her other book (Karma Club) if she writes in the same way. Very clever and very funny. I'm becoming a fan.

I love that in the story when our main girl veers from her original poll answers, things get super tricky. She's a really cute character - and I love that she's just been dumped by the popular girl and is trying to find her way all on her own. Social suicide and all that :). I was definitely cheering for her in the end.

I think any girls who are into the cutsy, romantic fiction will really get into this book. It's a fun premise and anyone who spends much time online can get the feel for how the story flows. I'll be recommending it on... but mostly to those romance lovers. And chick lit. If you like chick lit, you'll love this one.
___________________________________________
Other Blog Reviews:

Lauren's Crammed Bookshelf
The Hiding Spot
whatchYAreadin?
Hopelessly Devoted Bibliophile
The Teen Bibliophile
Reading Nook
The Book Worms
Night Owl Teen

No comments:

Search This Blog