_________________________________________________________________

Home     Review Policy      Hot New Titles      Contact Me

_________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (96)

Waiting on Wednesday" is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. Here's what I'm waiting on this week...

Hemlock
by Kathleen Peacock
To be released: May 08, 2012

Summary from Ingram:
"Mackenzie and Amy were best friends.
Since then, Mac's life has been turned upside down. She is being haunted by Amy in her dreams, and an extremist group called the Trackers has come to Mac's hometown of Hemlock to hunt down Amy's killer:
A white werewolf.
Lupine syndrome--also known as the werewolf virus--is on the rise across the country. Many of the infected try to hide their symptoms, but bloodlust is not easy to control.
Wanting desperately to put an end to her nightmares, Mac decides to investigate Amy's murder herself. She discovers secrets lurking in the shadows of Hemlock, secrets about Amy's boy-friend, Jason, her good pal Kyle, and especially her late best friend. Mac is thrown into a maelstrom of violence and betrayal that puts her life at risk.
Kathleen Peacock's thrilling novel is the first in the Hemlock trilogy, a spell-binding urban fantasy series filled with provocative questions about prejudice, trust, lies, and love."

I mostly think this book looks amazing because of the cover. But I can always get into a good werewolf story - so I am looking forward to that. I really hope this one is a winner. It's been a while since I've read something in the wolfy genre. :) Plus, it sounds like there's a good mystery thrown in. Can't wait!

What are you waiting on this week?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I met a YA blogger at a local bookstore last week. She told me that she enjoyed Hemlock the most so far this year and said that if I had to purchase any book in the near future, it had it be this one. I thought that was pretty bold of her but I guess it is just that good.

Anonymous said...

This was my WOW pick a while ago. Sounds great and I love the music playlist as well.

My WOW
Safari Poet

Anonymous said...

I'd love to read this one as well!

Jenny at Books to the Sky

Laura BurgandyIce said...

this looks like a fun book. I love all the layers of hidden truths w/ suspicion and action - great pick! plus, the cover is beautiful. I'm a new follower!! -Burgandy Ice

Search This Blog