_________________________________________________________________

Home     Review Policy      Hot New Titles      Contact Me

_________________________________________________________________

Monday, October 15, 2012

The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa

Title: The Lost Prince
Author: Julie Kagawa
ISBN: 9780373210572
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Released: October 30, 2012
Series: The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten
Page #: 377
Source: eARC from NetGalley

Summary:
"Don't look at Them. Never let Them know you can see Them.


That is Ethan Chase's unbreakable rule. Until the fey he avoids at all costs—including his reputation—begin to disappear, and Ethan is attacked. Now he must change the rules to protect his family. To save a girl he never thought he'd dare to fall for.

Ethan thought he had protected himself from his older sister's world—the land of Faery. His previous time in the Iron Realm left him with nothing but fear and disgust for the world Meghan Chase has made her home, a land of myth and talking cats, of magic and seductive enemies. But when destiny comes for Ethan, there is no escape from a danger long, long forgotten."
_________________________________________________
First Lines:

"My name is Ethan Chase.
And I doubt Il'l live to see my eighteenth birthday.
That's not me being dramatic; it just is. I wish I hadn't pulled so many people into this mess."
Page 9
_________________________________________________
Review:

I'm sure many of you have read and loved the story of Meghan Chase in the Iron Fey series. Well, Julie Kagawa returns with another story set in the same world. But now it's Ethan, Meghan's brother. And it's a great continuation of her original stories.

He's been dodging the fey world his entire life, but now he is being forced to pay attention. Strange, ghostly fey are starting to haunt him - someone at school disappears and he knows it's because of these fey. He also starts to make friends in his new town. But that is dangerous when it comes to keeping others safe from the torments of faeries. He finds himself drawn into his sister's world and doesn't know how to handle it. And he accidentally takes someone with him.

Many of the original characters make an appearance in this book. It's nice to see them again. I had sort of fallen for many of them, so getting back into their lives was really easy for me. I loved seeing where they are now and how things are going for them - lots has changed since the first Iron Fey book! I would have liked to see more about Meghan, but I know there is more coming and she will probably be more prominant.

So, Ethan is sort of a tough-guy jerk. He's been pushing people away for most of his life because of the fey. And because of the past, he has made sure no one can get hurt because of him. Throughout this story, he starts to see the other side of things. He's able to put aside some of his fears and grow as a person. I do wonder if he changes a bit too much, but I think it helped the story along.

Can I just talk about the cover for a second? Is there a reason the guy doesn't have a shirt on? Cause at no point in the book is he shirtless. At least, not that I remember. I know the author has nothing to do with the cover, but it's now one of those books I wouldn't want to read in front of other people. As I'm old and he's clearly a teenager. :) But seriously, just a shirt would have helped.

I think any fans of the original Iron Fey series will love this book. It's very similar, but it's more of a human view of Nevernever. I guess that means it's more like the first Iron Fey book in that way. But I love how you get dropped into a whole other perspective and take on the life. I'm definitely a Kagawa fan and I look forward to the next book! Whenever that might be...
_________________________________________________
Other Blog Reviews:

No comments:

Search This Blog