_________________________________________________________________

Home     Review Policy      Hot New Titles      Contact Me

_________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (125)

"Waiting on Wednesday" is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. Here is what I'm waiting on this week...



Falling Kingdoms
by Morgan Rhodes
To be released: December 11, 2012

Summary from Barnes and Noble:
"In a land where magic has been forgotten but peace has reigned for centuries, a deadly unrest is simmering. Three kingdoms grapple for power--brutally transforming their subjects' lives in the process. Amidst betrayals, bargains, and battles, four young people find their fates forever intertwined:


Cleo: A princess raised in luxury must embark on a rough and treacherous journey into enemy territory in search of a magic long thought extinct.

Jonas: Enraged at injustice, a rebel lashes out against the forces of oppression that have kept his country impoverished--and finds himself the leader of a people's revolution centuries in the making.

Lucia: A girl adopted at birth into a royal family discovers the truth about her past--and the supernatural legacy she is destined to wield.

Magnus: Bred for aggression and trained to conquer, a firstborn son begins to realize that the heart can be more lethal than the sword...

The only outcome that's certain is that kingdoms will fall. Who will emerge triumphant when all they know has collapsed?"

It's been a little while since I've read some high fantasy. I think this one sounds like the perfect book to jump back in with. I'm very interested to see how things pan out - especially because both girl characters are royals and the guys are fighters. Color me intrigued.

What are you waiting on this week?

6 comments:

LinWash said...

That sounds like a great book. I love high fantasy!

JC Jones said...

I like fantasy and this is the first time I have seen this book. Here is my post:
WOW


Unknown said...

This is soooo on my wish list. Great pick...

Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

Anonymous said...

Great choice. Thanks for sharing.

mk said...

I've seen this one before and if I'm correct it's first in a series. It sounds pretty interesting so I might give it a try but I hope you enjoy it when you get the chance to read it.
Come check out my WoW post.

biochemguy said...

This sure has been popular this week! Thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

Search This Blog