_________________________________________________________________

Home     Review Policy      Hot New Titles      Contact Me

_________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George

Title: Princess of the Midnight Ball
Author: Jessica Day George

ISBN: 9781599903224
Publisher: Bloomsbury

Summary:
"Princess Rose is the eldest of twelve sisters condemned to dance each night for the wicked King Under Stone in his palace deep within the earth. It is a curse that has haunted the girls since their birth - and only death will set them free.

Then Rose meets Galen, a young soldier-turned-gardener with an eye for adventure and a resolve that matches her own, and freedom suddenly begins to seem a little less impossible. To defeat the king and his dark court, they will need one invisibility cloak, a black wool chain knit with enchanted silver needles, and that most critical ingredient of all - true love. "
____________________________________________________
Review:

I didn't realize this was a re-telling of a classic fairy tale until one of my coworkers clued me in. I haven't read the original story, but I really loved this book! The story itself was a little predictable (of course), but that's kind of the thing that a fairy tale is made of.

The way this story is written is so rich that you almost feel like you've been transplanted into the story. The descriptions of the places and sights and sounds are just the way I like them to be done. The only thing I would have changed was the length of the book :). I was wishing for more when I reached the last page... but I suppose that's a good problem to have.

I would recommend this to girls, mostly. And, really, any age - from middle school on up. It's a great princess story - and who doesn't love a good princess story?!

Other blog reviews:

No comments:

Search This Blog