_________________________________________________________________

Home     Review Policy      Hot New Titles      Contact Me

_________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (93)

Waiting on Wednesday" is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. Here's what I'm waiting on this week...

Losers in Space
by John Barnes
To be released: April 12, 2012

Summary from Barnes and Noble:
"It is the year 2129 . . . and fame is all that matters
Susan and her friends are celebutantes. Their lives are powered by media awareness, fed by engineered meals, and underscored by cynicism. Everyone has a rating; the more viewers who ID you, the better. So Susan and her almost-boyfriend Derlock cook up a surefire plan: the nine of them will visit a Mars-bound spaceship and stow away. Their survival will be a media sensation, boosting their ratings across the globe. There's only one problem: Derlock is a sociopath. Breakneck narrative, pointed cultural commentary, warm heart, accurate science, a kickass heroine, and a ticking clock . . . who could ask for more?"

I think this premise sounds fantastic. I can't wait to see what this world is like - can you imagine having to rely completely on other people recognizing you?! I really look forward to getting my hands on this book!

What are you waiting on this week?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds interesting but I guess it all depends on how well the author can pull it off.

thanks for sharing your pick.

KTJ said...

I think this sounds intriguing! But Derlock... what a name! I'll definitely have to give this one a shot!

Great Pick!
-Kate
My Waiting On Wednesday

Madigan Mirza said...

I've heard of this one - I'm kind of on the fence about it. Maybe I'll try it.

I like your blog! I found your comment button hard to find for some reason, though! lol.

Search This Blog