_________________________________________________________________

Home     Review Policy      Hot New Titles      Contact Me

_________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (22)

"Waiting on Wednesday" is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

Here's what I'm waiting on this week:
Bright Young Things
by Anna Godbersen
To be released: October 12, 2010

Summary from Baker and Taylor:
"The Jazz Age is brought to life through the eyes of three teenage girls--Cordelia Grey, Letty Larkspur and Astrid Donal--who find romance, intrigue and adventure amid the glamorous mansions of Long Island and the glaring lights of Broadway."


I loved Anna Godbersen's other books- the Luxe series. It was very well written and really brought to NY to life during the 1890s. I cannot wait to see what she does for the jazz age! This seems like it could be amazing - and does no one have a full arc?! I've only seen partials. I'm just hoping that means this book is going to be wonderful :).

7 comments:

Nina said...

I only read the first book in the Luxe series, and I really enjoyed that one. I probably buy the other three books very soon. This one looks and sounds fantastic. Another great historical novel to look out for. :P

joyh82 said...

Sounds like a good read. Have a great week. Here is Mine

Emidy @ Une Parole said...

Cool pick! I still haven't read The Luxe, but I've been wanting to start the series for a while. Bright Young Things sounds like such fun!

Christina / Book Addict said...

I am dying to read this one! I pre-ordered it awhile back. I can't wait! Great pick!

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

i am DEFINITELY waiting for this one too!

Alison Can Read said...

I still need to read the Luxe. Everyone seems to love it.
Alison Can Read

Katie said...

Oh this one looks so good. I love anything set in this time period. Thanks for posting about it.

Search This Blog