_________________________________________________________________

Home     Review Policy      Hot New Titles      Contact Me

_________________________________________________________________

Friday, January 30, 2009

Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead

From the back cover:

"Rose Hathaway knows it's forbidden to love another guardian. Her best friend, Lissa, is the last Dragomir princess - must always come first. Unfortunately, when it comes to gorgeous Dimitri Belikov, some rules are meant to be broken....

But since making her first Strigoi kills, Rose hasn't been feeling right. Something dark has begun to grow in her mind and ghostly shadows warn of a terrible evil draing nearer to the Academy's iron gates. And now that Lissa and Rose's sworn enemy, Victor Dashkov, is on trial for his freedom, tensions in the Moroi world are higher than ever.

Lying to Lissa about Dimitri is one thing, but suddenly there's way more than friendship at stake. The immortal undead are on the prowl, and they want vengeance for the lives that Rose has stolen. In a heartstopping batle to rival her worst nightmares, Rose will have to choose between life, love, and the two people who matter most... but will her choice mean that only one can survive?"
_____________________________________________________

This series has yet to disappoint me. I had been expecting "just another vamp novel" when I picked up the first book of the series.... but it has totally proven me wrong. It has a similar setting to others I've read, but it takes it to a whole new level. I love the idea of the different ranks/divisions/races within the vampire community.

I do have to say that the ending of this book took me completely by surprise. I'm not going to tell you what it is, of course, but I was a bit shocked. And it's very much a cliffhanger that has me searching for the publication date in the next book. If you've never read any of this series, I highly recommend starting with the first. Vampire Academy. It takes a little time to get used to the words a little bit, but it's a pretty great story.

There are other blog reviews of this book: Here (watch out for spoilers on that one), here, and here.

No comments:

Search This Blog